The project “Remote Sensing in Schools” aims at a more intensive use of remote sensing in school lessons.
For the teachers, the first steps into the subject should be as easy as possible.
Therefore, we …
- developed a new didactical concept.
- conceptualised a comprehensive learning portal concerned with remote sensing.
- developed innovative, interactive and digital learning modules intended to provide secondary school puplis with an understanding of a wide range of remote sensing techniques.
- created interactive research and analysis tools linked to remote sensing.
- devised background information such as didactical commentaries, guidelines for course and lesson planning etc. for an implementation of remote sensing in school lessons.
- conceptualised learning materials for primary education.
- developed a learning management system.
All of the learning materials developed in FIS are available for free via the FIS learning portal (www.fis.uni-bonn.de).